Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Blog 3

This weeks readings was very interesting and thought provoking. The poem that I am presenting on in class is My Papa's Waltz. This was a very interesting piece with a double meaning behind a lot of the phrases. I found that the main theme of the poem was love. This connects to the real world because the only thing that a young child wants from a father is love and affection, and this is exactly what this boy was seeking out. Starting my service this week was an eye opener really. I found it extremely interesting, especially the fact that I had to go early for an orientation. I thought that all that I was going to do was sit there for an hour and a half but, I was delightfully surprised really. I was forced to look inside myself for this short time and find my inner peace. I really enjoyed this event because it was a fantastic stress reliever, just what I needed really. A designated time away from all of the stresses around me, somewhere where I don't need to think about anything else. I found that this experience connected with class because when we are in class and having a discussion about work, nothing else comes to mind beside the things right in front of me. Overall I really enjoyed the time I spent in meditation this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment