Monday, February 10, 2020

IExamen 1 
One thing I noticed while in Boulder was that people who were sitting together were still on their phones. These people were not taking the time to just sit and have a meal with each other, and just talk to each otherThey were still had their phones in their hands and most times their phones would be open, and they would be continuously typing on them while people were sitting all around them. Though they're always seem to be one person in the group who wasn'tThis one person would be sitting there without the phone in their hand just watching the others type on their phones. Sometimes these people would seem annoyed that their friends were not paying attention, but other times they just seemed content to just sit there and wait. Even just when having conversations with other people, something would come up and to either prove the point or just to go along with the story, the phone would be opened. The photos would be pulled up, to go along with a story that was being told. Or google would be opened to prove a point.  
Even though my phone was off I still felt a sort of pull towards it. As I was sitting there doing work that didn't involve technology, I still every so often when grab my phone as if to check my messages or check the notifications. Then I would realize that the screen was just completely black because it wasn't on. My parents say that I am addicted to my phone and I'm starting to think that they’re probably right 
I noticed and I asked others and it seems that for most people their phone is the first thing they pick up in the morning and the last thing they do at night. Even when walking around campus, people are constantly on the phone talking to someone for are not even looking up because they are texting someone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment