Sunday, March 8, 2020

Blog 3

Henry V Event
For my next blog I will be talking about my experience of going to see the play King V by William Shakespeare. This was an inspirational play that I enjoyed taking my time out on a Sunday afternoon to go see. In this play, royalty was challenged after the King of England Henry IV passed away, leaving the throne in the hands of his adolescent son Henry V. There were struggles throughout the play where we learned that King Henry V had a mischievous past that started with the men he chose to hang with. While he took manners into his own hands, he stood up to the challenge and played a huge role in leading his kingdom. While gaining respect from his people was a challenge, his voice spoke out to me along with his people as he led his people to war against France while having support of noblemen. While troubles were presented his past relations, he continued to proceed to war and win as he furthered on as an underdog. His compassion that he brought to leading England to victory not only allowed them to go on and combine the two kingdoms, but also find his one true love that he went on to have a son to live in his footsteps and command France.
This courageous story of King V aligned with some of the virtues that went along with the characters in my presentation Accident Mass. Ave where there was a fluke accident. The author in Accident Mass. was supposedly hit, and yells about it to the aggressor when finally realizing that her car isn’t injured, finds it within herself to ask if the other driver is ok and makes amends with a hug. This shows a sense of compassion for the other person which is nice of her to do. Just as King Henry V decides to cut off bad influences after being handed the responsibility of the throne, he turns his life around and does good for his community. The author of the poem does good for her community by realizing her mistake and making up for it through words and actions just as King Henry V did. All and all, both of these characters relate to each other because they both went through challenges in the beginning of their stories and persevered by making changes in their lives to do the right thing.
By going through these experiences and readings, I have learned more about what it takes to live through the Jesuit lifestyle. This means learning from experiences and doing the right thing to me. Understanding that mistakes happen and there is always room for improvement is a critical part of my understanding of being a Jesuit. Overall, Jesuit education has allowed me to understand how to overcome difficulties of my life to better myself and the community around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment