Tuesday, March 17, 2020

iExamen 2

This assignment was particualarly easy this time around because everyone is home due to COVID-19. I chose to do this assignment on Saturday because my family was home. I slept in that morning until about noon and decided to go downstairs to grab something to eat. The first "interaction" I had that day was with my two dogs. They were waiting outside my bedroom door, probably concerned that I had not been up earlier like everyone else. The first human interaction I had that day was with my mother who was in the kitchen. We said good morning and talked about our plans for the day. I was fighting a cold so my mother didn't want me to leave my house that day. The thought of being stuck in my house with my family all day alarmed me because sometimes they drive me crazy. My sister was the next person I had interacted with. Her school had sent her home for the semester, so she and I discussed what our plans were for the next few weeks. 
            A little while later, my dad came inside from being outside all morning and told us how beautiful it was outside and how we should spend some time out there that day. We all thought it was a great idea. My mom decided that it would be nice to have a barbecue outside for lunch, so that's what we did. For about 2 hours we all sat outside and enjoyed each other's company. It was the first day that we had all been together since January.
         After lunch I decided to walk my two dogs around my neighborhood. A lot of my neighbors were outside because it was so beautiful. I stopped and talked to them along the walk. It was nice because I haven't talked to some of them in a while, and I was able to meet some new neighbors who had moved in while I was at school. 
         When I got back to my house I decided to call my grandmother to check on her and see how she was doing. My grandmother lives about five minutes away from my house and usually comes over every day to hang out with us for a little bit. She wasn't coming because she is trying to stay healthy and not leave her house. It made me sad that this was going to be the new normal for the coming weeks, but I was thankful to talk with her for a little bit. 
         I really enjoyed doing this iExamen. It was a great way for me to realize that if I want to survive the next few weeks at home, I can't be like a hermit in my room and I need to interact and spend time with my family and try to get outside as much as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment