Monday, March 9, 2020

Blog 4

This past week has been wonderful, and having mediation before I left for home, was a great way to start out my break. This past session of mediation got me in my right frame of mind so that I would have a relaxing and care free break overall. For example, the main objective in mediation is to become one with your mind and body. Over break, I did a lot of relaxing and really got to catch up on sleep and get some things done that had been looming over my head. I think that these connect perfectly with the overall objective of mediation because after catching up on sleep, my body didn't feel so bogged down. With my afternoons cleared almost everyday I was able to finish all of my chores early and get some of the stuff that was looming over my head for a while. Things like applying for scholarships and finding out what summer course would be best to take and where to take it. After all of this I was truly relaxed and felt really good, I was going on runs and working out consistently as well which is something that I love to do. Over all mediation and a good break allowed me to take a step back from reality and enjoy what was happening right in front of me. I also found myself thinking about the poem about the car accident in Boston. I thought about this only because it connected with me, the fact that someone could be so mad then completely change their emotion to calm and collected. I think that is somewhat the goal of mediation is, to be able to control your emotions. The only difference being that I would control my anger in the car before I get out instead of getting out then yelling. Overall I think that this past week has been fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment