Sunday, March 15, 2020

iExamen 2

Megan Cronin 
When this assignment was first introduced, I thought that this was going to be easy. I have always thought that I tell the truth and say and send nice messages. I didn’t think that anyone would notice a difference and I thought that it would be like any other day. I was wrong. It took me probably twice as long to formulate what I was trying to say. I wanted to make sure that every word I said would be taken the way I meant it and that it would not come across as sarcastic. I found myself laughing at times because it felt ridiculous that it was taking me a long time to form a simple sentence. Communicating with my family was a little difficult because my family is very sarcastic, our responses to each other are not always kind or true. There were times where I had to stop and correct myself. Constructing my text messages was even worse. Text messages sometimes can come off in a different way than what you intended. I had to take the time to explain my point of view to make sure that the person understood and so that my message did not come off as passive aggressive. Being away from school means that I am texting more people, because I am communicating with all the friends that live in other places. We would be having a text conversation, but it would take me much longer to respond to their messages than it would take them to respond to mine. One of my friends even asked why it was taking me so long and I had to explain this to them. She found it interesting and commented that I had done a good job so far. From this I have learned that I am not always as kind or as truthful as I had previously thought. This is definitely something that I want to continue to work on because it is important. This assignment made me stop and think before something comes out of my mouth or onto a screen. We were taught as kids to think before you speak, but like many others I needed a refresher.  

No comments:

Post a Comment